Hello, I am The Wandering Nerd. As a young person, I could never quite decide what I wanted to be or where I wanted to go, so I wandered all over the place, both in location and interests. Because of this, I developed a general knowledge and fascination for the world and all its geekiness. I eventually settled down into an admin assistant job in the Southwest USA and met a lovely woman to be my wife, but my brain is still forever wandering. I have a few favorite interests, though, which I’ll probably ramble about on this blog more than most:
- Classic/retro video games (especially from the Atari 2600 days)
- Classic/retro computers (Commodore 64, Tandy 1000, black & white Macintoshes, IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads)
- Star Wars
- Star Trek
- The paranormal and occult
- DuckTales and other Disney Afternoon TV cartoons
- National parks, wildlife and idiot tourists
- Final Fantasy
- Open source and online privacy rights
- The cinematic genius that was Edward D. Wood, Jr.
- And many others.
If you would like to talk to me about any of the random nonsense I spew from this web address, feel free to email me at “w o r d p r e s s (at) t h e w a n d e r i n g n e r d . c o m” (without the spaces and with a proper at-sign of course) or try this handy form below. Thanks for stopping by!